Thursday, May 15, 2008

In the Middle of the frying pan

Living in Israel is like living in the middle of a frying pan. The current political situation here is to crazy to be ignored. With soon to be former(Hurray!!) President Bush arriving earlier this week, Hezbollah and by extension Iran's nearing takeover of Lebannon and a world that seems contention to let Iran become the worlds next Nuclear power, things here are tense. You can just feel it in the air, I have a good friend here who is currently training to become a Paratrooper in the IDF and he's excited and scared. The threat currently facing Israel is more real then it has ever been with Iranian influence in Syria, Lebanon via funding Hezbollah and Gaza via Hamas and their ever increasing influence in Iraq Israel is facing the threat the likes of which it has never seen before. I'm not trying to bang the war drums, but I've looked at this every way I can and I think appeasing Iran in its current form is akin to appeasing Germany in the 1930's interestingly enough the West is responsible for creating both enemies, as always mida kineged mida (measure for measure) seems to be in effect. With that in mind I'm posting a link to this website DEBKAfile so you can(if interested) get a more complete picture of the situation here(provided that you read other news sources as well) All is well in the Holy Land its been beautiful and warm here, but tis getting hotter and I know that trend will continue, hopefully me and my Northeaster sensibilities will be able to withstand the heat when it comes. Shalom Aleichem.

0 comments: