Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Reflections

The Highlights:

Typing this list with just my left hand, due to a mending right arm

Going to food shopping with my dad for the ingredients for a kosher antipasto, kosher wine and a kosher roast and trying not to mention what twelve pounds of kosher beef was being used for to the butcher.

Reminiscing with my Uncle, him telling me he could remember when I was first born and me saying the same things about his thirteen year old twin boys… also on another note we’re getting old.

Roles reversing: my sister insisting that I woke her up at 8:00am to open presents and our parents being more excited to open presents then us.

Wrapping tefillin, saying Shema and then going downstairs to open presents under the tree with my family.

…getting a slow cooker and setting up for cholent for Shabbat

Watching Casablanca with my father and sister in the morning

The following text message received from a good friend:
Happy movie-and Chinese food day to my Hebraic friends… and merry Christmas to my goyem and shiksah friends

Watching football with my dad’s side of the family on Christmas day eve and quietly celebrating Shabbat after they left

Waking up the next morning and noticing that this was the first time I didn’t wake up and feel my shoulder aching, just eight days after going under the knife.

0 comments: