Sunday, January 31, 2010

A winters morning

Winter, I’ve truly become enraptured by the winter. The deep freeze seems to bring out the realness of life in all its glory. I can feel it all around me, when I wake up in the morning warm and comfortable in my bed, I roll over and put my hand against the wall and feel it seeping in just a tiny bit. I can feel the cold hardness of it. The colors all around me are light pastels. A cold winter’s morning brings with it a pale blue sky, with just the faintest wisps’ of white cloud. The trees have let go of their leaves, their brown branches rub softly against one another as the wind which can be heard audibly blows against them steady and true. I enjoy the winter because there is no pretense about it, nothing underneath it. It feels true and real. It’s not trying to fool anybody or anything. The birds outside my window are struggling to stay warm, moving as little as possible, chirping and flirting about, looking for a warm spot and meager rations to keep them going. And I sit warm and content to look out upon the wintery scene. A part of it yet apart from it, it’s a long dark winter, yet life continues, it struggles yet does not stop. It continues to move ceaselessly around me as I sit, waiting, watching, in awe of the beauty around me.

0 comments: