Thursday, June 19, 2008

Scaps of Paper

I have a habit of writing down quotes or things that pop into my head suddenly on pieces of paper, usually I end up with tons and tons of little scraps of paper that I don't do anything with, thats usually the case however today I found one of those scraps of paper and I thought I'd share its contents on this blog, enjoy:

Joy that is shared is doubled
Grief that is shared is halved

Who is the victor? The one that holds the weapons of battle in his hand. - Zohar 1 221a

If there is a concept of damage, then there is certainly a concept of repair.

The world is not a small place, its just well managed.

Part of life is a quest to find that one essential person who will understand our story. But we choose wrongly so often, over the ensuing years that person we thought understood us best ends up regarding us with pity, indifference or active dislike. Those who truly care can be divided into two categories: those who understand us and those who forgive our worst sins. Rarely do we find someone capable of both. Jonathan Carroll, Glass Soup

0 comments: