Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Jelly Donut Theory

“…I have most of the things I need in my life, if the worst thing I deal with is I can’t find a Jelly Donut when I want one then I think I’m doing alright…” – A very wise old fool aka Dad


Now let me explain, my dad is one of the great lovers of delicious food out there in the universe, every place we’ve ever been no matter what my dad has directed the family to amazing food experiences. He loves everything about food, cooking, eating, etc. During the Chanukah season I mentioned to him the amazing jelly donuts that were circulating around Israel . I think I mentioned it to him every time we talked for a month. So it was in his head when he and the rest of my family came for a visit “I have to get one of those jelly donuts.” Then disaster struck there were no donuts in Israel everywhere we went we looked with to success. As It turns out they are a seasonal thing around for a month and gone for the rest of the year. And so when my family returned to the States, unfortunately for my father he was sans his fix. We were talking on the phone last night and he was recounting to me his odyssey to find a delicious jelly donut. In the end he got his fix from a local bakeries, my family got a good laugh and I got what a great blog post.

0 comments: