Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good Grief Charlie Brown

Life being what it is one dreams of revenge… for whatever reason I love this quotation, I don’t know where I go it from but it rings true to me for whatever reason.

I don’t always understand why’s of life, like why on the same week that I found out that by no fault of my own I’m losing my job does my car decide to breakdown… yep that’s right, you heard me right. Last night at 6:22pm when I was a scant 3.5 miles from home my headlights dimmed, I heard a weird noise and suddenly the accelerator didn’t do anything and before I knew it I was on the side of the road, standing by my car, in the cold watching cars zoom by at seventy miles an hour.

Good Grief

I had to laugh… well after I had let out of few of the more choice swear words I know… I laughed and yelled out in frustration, I mean really? Really? This was the day my car decides it’s had enough… unbelievable…

Yet this is the reality I live in and its my nature to look for a positive in everything, this one tested me but ultimately I came up with this: at least I wasn’t stranded, at least I have a father who called triple a and came and picked me up off the side of the road so I didn’t freeze to death waiting for the pick up truck, at least I had a ride to the train station this morning, at least I have friends who when I called sympathized, I’m still very lucky, I’m still feel blessed just to be hear.

I’m not sure what else to say, I made it home, had a nice dinner, called a girl who I when out with last week and arranged to meet again and spend a day enjoying the city together. I still have it good; I’m still living the good life. I know I’ll get back on my feet, I know I’ll eventually find a job, get an apartment, etc. I know all these things, maybe that’s why I couldn’t help but laugh last night standing in the freezing cold…

Or maybe just maybe I’m losing my mind… What’s that I wrote once upon a time? Lose your mind, find yourself…

0 comments: