Monday, February 9, 2009

Start each verse with something to quote

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you just might miss it. - Ferris Bueller

I start with a quote from the master; there are few observations more poignant then the one above. I feel like I'm growing up and getting older and you want to know something? Its not so bad, actually its pretty freaking sweet. There are plenty of things that aren't so much fun about it but all in all, I'm enjoying myself. Lately I've been trying to lay down some plans for the future something people who know me know that I am no great fan of doing. But its time and it’s necessary. For the last month or so I've been contemplating my next move and thinking about what that means for me. What it means is that I will be putting down some roots, committing myself to a life and giving up on the idea of traveling more in the immediate future. It means committing myself to my job and the furtherance of my career. It means growing up and acting like an adult.

Its time.

I never would have thought I'd even think like this. I never would have expected myself to be excited about settling, I always thought the whole point of life was to never settle for anything to always be restless. But I realize more and more that’s false, or at least I could never be happy thinking / living that way. At some point I must decide, I must be willing to make a decision to forget about something’s and focus on others. I realize of course that I've already made decisions like this millions and millions of times. But it feels different now. Because now I'm not just talking about what activities I should spend my time doing or what party I should go to Saturday night, or whatever. Now I'm talking about setting the foundation for a family, for a career, for a life.

Its time.

I find that I feel so many ways about this, I can not possibly be old enough, yet I know that I am. I know that this is right; I know that this is true. But that does not stop me from being scared about it. I’ve spoken with many people and when they ask me about my plans I mention how I’ve been thinking about this. I mention that there is a little part of me that just wants to pick up and move again. To go somewhere else, to do something else and yet there’s also another voice one that’s getting stronger as time go on that jumps in and yells at me ‘WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END??' My dad tells me that is his voice inside my head, but it’s also mine, or maybe its both I don’t know. I just know, its time. I end the way I started with another quote by another great:

There is no such thing as freedom, but sometimes you get to choose your master. – Orson Scott Card

0 comments: