Sunday, May 3, 2009

Is anyone out there?

I didn't plan the name change, but for a while I had been thinking that the purpose and nature of this blog had fundamentally shifted.

Initially it was a way of reaching out from a foreign land. I knew that when I made the decision to go to Israel I was going to come home profoundly changed.

I wanted a record of that change, of that struggle. I wanted people who I care about, who I wasn't going to see for a long time to be able to know a little of what I was going though. Of the complexity of it.

Now I've settled into myself more. I've matured and grown, now my way is more focused, less chaotic. I'm road weary and yet still looking for adventure. I'm eager for the next challenges that await me.

I've grown up not just as a person but as a writer, a communicator (I hope). Either way I've come to enjoy the process immensely.

Lastly a special shout out must go to a good friend down in Longhorn country who came up first with 'A Maniac Mitzvah' when I asked everyone I knew for help coming up with a name for my new venture; and now for throwing an equally great idea at me with no prompting at all.

Thank you for listening.

0 comments: