Monday, March 3, 2008

24 in 2

I’m going to be twenty four in two weeks and I think I’ve mentioned this to everyone here about twenty four times an hour for the last month. It’s funny because I never know how a birthday is going to hit me. Some years I barely realize its my birthday until the day before, others I think about nonstop months before. This one has definitely fallen into the later category. Its funny how these things happen, but it seems only natural that this year I’d be freaking out about my birthday, after all did I mention I’m going to be twenty four, that means I’m officially in my mid-twenties I’ve been out of college for about two years now and I’m currently unemployed and in Israel trying to figure out what life actually means to me as opposed to living in New York or some other place, working, making money and advancing in some company somewhere so I could hope possibly one day to find a nice girl, move to the suburbs, have a couple of kids and never think about what I’m actually doing. I’m being inane of course but still the question remains. And I’m not going to pretend that it’s not in my brain nagging at me, when am I going to go back to the real world and get my life going? Time is such a crazy thing when your young it seems totally unlimited and that old saying youth is wasted on the young becomes more and more true each year. Now that I’m where I am, doing what I’m doing time is all I think about. And it drives me insane sometimes because it doesn’t even exist and yet there are few things that are more persistent. And so time marches along moment by moment, day by day. Did I mention I’m going to be twenty four in two weeks??

0 comments: