Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Obsession

Obsession: Read this article and then if you want check out the website. The thing that makes this so difficult for me is that I spent so much time at Aish. I feel as though they gave me something valuable and precious. I will never underestimate or try to minimize their impact on my life. But what they have done with this movie is just despicable. They of course take no credit for this movie which is trying to swing a election. They take no credit because Aish supposedly is not a political organization. Which I agree with religion is political enough without the organizations themselves explicitly being political. Which Aish has done here, of course they are allowed to believe and say whatever they want. That's their right, but if your going to realize a video like this at least step up and take responsibility for it. Here's the best quote from the article:

"Aish HaTorah, which is just about the most fundamentalist movement in Judaism today. Its operatives flourish in the radical belt of Jewish settlements just south of Nablus, in the northern West Bank, and their outposts across the world propagandize on behalf of a particularly sterile, sexist and revanchist brand of Judaism. Which is amusing, of course, because "Obsession" is meant to expose a particularly sterile, sexist and racist brand of Islam."

0 comments: