Friday, August 1, 2008

Happiness is...

I don’t know if I know how to be happy. Now that’s an interesting phrase isn’t it? I mean after all I live an awesome life. I have been blessed many, many times over and yet sometimes I think about that, I’m not sure I really know how to be happy, usually right around the time I feel comfortable and happy I pick myself up and do something else. Part of that is self imposed part of it is life imposed after all I couldn’t have just decided to stay in college for another year because I was comfortable, the four years was up I had my degree it was time to move on. And yet that feel persists in moments of silence when my mind isn’t focused on anything particular. Do I know how to be happy? Maybe it’s a comfort thing I don’t like being comfortable because I know when I begin to settle in I stop growing and pushing myself, so its not so much that I don’t know how to be happy as its I can’t be comfortable. I need to know I’m being pushed and when I’m not I force myself to find a push. I’m not sure I just know that, I had just gotten comfortable and now I’m not sure about what I’m doing anymore as I alluded to in the post below. Who knows, it’s just a thought I had. Maybe I’m totally wrong maybe I’m just being ridiculous. Maybe I just don't know how to be comfortable which is a good thing. But I don’t think I am I think in many ways I’m still earning how to be happy and how most importantly to let myself be happy and to stop worrying so much about everything. I know that I’ve made great steps and I will continue to do so and I am on the right path. It’s a good feeling knowing I’m on the right path, even if I have trouble seeing around the bend…

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us"
-Helen Keller