Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cuts, bug bites and bruises

I was looking at my hands this morning and I realized something. Since I’ve gotten to Israel I seem to be acquiring a lot of cuts, bug bites and bruises. I’ve also been mildly sunburned which has turned into a nice deep tan and my body aches. I realized all of this while looking at my somewhat scared body and got very excited! This is why I took off on this adventure after all! My life in New York was great but it felt so sterile, so planned so routine. Here my life certainly follows a schedule. I have classes and many days I simply read, write in this blog, or have discussions with people. But it’s all so constantly in flex, in motion and I love it. This trip was after all a relatively big move it wasn’t the safe thing to do as my body reflects and it’s exactly what I needed. Just a thought I had today in class that I wanted to get down, I miss the US some days but my sore, tired and much maligned body is suffering for the sake of my soaring soul.

0 comments: