Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Flowing in a Structured Environment

I’m a flow guy, I like parameters but once I know where the boundaries are I like to flow within them. It’s important to me to know where I am and what’s acceptable behavior for the situation I’m in, but once I’m in it I like to float around, drama is unnecessary in my world. What am I talking about you might ask. Here’s how it is human beings all have comfort zones, in order to live meaningful lives we need to seek out those zones, find a niche within it and proceed. Living in Israel pushed this concept into my consciousness like a jackhammer. Because here I have no choice but to interact with all kinds of people on a daily basis, some I like others not so much. It’s difficult I haven’t had to share space with to many people in a long while. In New York, I had one roommate; in Connecticut I had three other roommates in a good sized place. Here I have ten other roommates and there aren’t a ton of distractions. And it’s not as easy to separate.

0 comments: