Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No TV and no beer makes Homer something, something…

This is my 11th day with no internet. It’s been weird between internet issues and bad weather I haven’t posted anything I’ve wrote in quite a while. Haven’t checked my email or the box scores for the NFL, don’t know what the Giants record is or what’s going on in the world. No internet, television, newspapers or magazines in quite a whole. Being here has taken me away from so many of the things I loved in America. And by and large I don’t miss most of those things. It’s strange to think about where I’ve gone in the last month. How I’ve grown and learned and what I’ve experienced. It can be difficult living in such a strange place. Jerusalem certainly attracts an interesting (crazy) bunch of people. The weather has turned in the last week; days are sunny with cool breezes and not to cold, but nights have gotten cold. The weather feels very sterile in Jerusalem, its not overly cold temperature wise but there’s a steady breeze that’s persistent it rolls up and down the hillside with an occasional burst of fast cold air coming through. If you’re not properly covered you will get cold quickly. The wind combined with some much needed rain has helped Jerusalem welcome in winter. Enjoying my time here, don’t know when I’ll be home, shalom.

0 comments: