Thursday, July 17, 2008

Confirmation

Time is a funny thing, to quote Einstein it is merely an illusion albeit a persistent one. Why do I bring this up? I bring it up because I just confirmed my ticket home, yup thats right this manic mitzvah is winding down. In 39 days I'll be on my way back to America ten months and one day after I left. So what does that mean? Good question I wish I knew I'm not entirely sure what I'm going back to or what I'll be doing when I do get back but I know that this isn't the end of this manic mitzvah its a journey that will continue. My current working plan is to go to yeshiva at home, it makes sense to me it will keep me in a religious community and give me a chance to get back on my feet. I'll have time to evaluate what I've learned and plot out a direction for the future. Past that who knows where life will take me, I'm always amazed by the many twists and turns. So I'm a little scared and a little excited. I'm filled with curiosity I wonder how America will feel after so much time away and after so much learned and experienced. I'm looking forward to a new challenge and a new adventure. I wonder what it will feel like leaving Israel. The last time I left I felt as though as the plane was lifting off that a little piece of me got left on the ground, forever left in this wonderful, mysterious land. And I had only been gone ten days, this time I'll have been gone for ten months. For now that question will have to wait and I'll try not to dwell on it to much after all just 39 more days left and then mama I'm coming home.

0 comments: